The Vietnam Thread
I met this really cute girl on VC from Hanoi
I have been to Saigon but never been to Hanoi
Any of you guys Know what’s the pick up scene like in Hanoi like
Compared to HMC?
(12-07-2018, 06:52 AM)Marky0509 Wrote: I met this really cute girl on VC from Hanoi
I have been to Saigon but never been to Hanoi
Any of you guys Know what’s the pick up scene like in Hanoi like
Compared to HMC?

Overall it's more conservative, but you can find lots of freaks and if they like you, then it's on (same as all women tbh). 
Lots of uni girls "practicing English" at Hoan Kiem Lake on the weekend. 
You can easily daygame them, get their number, take them on a dinner date (it's conservative), and fuck. Easy once you tell them that you aren't just a traveler and if you dress nice. Actually had a few different normal girls invite me out to a date and not kill me/steal my kidneys, which I found strange. Don't think they get many foreigners.

Nightlife sucks. Everything closes at midnight, but they do have some decent underground local bars on the river. Gotta find them yourself though. A well connected local can hook you up with the spots. I doubt you're going to pull a non-pro Viet girl from a bar in Hanoi. They're usually with a group of guy friends who will just not allow it.

The girls are a little cuter and the food is a lot better in Hanoi.
Definitely don't want any roommates in Nam. That's one of the whole selling points of living there.

Edit: Just saw that SpecEd is paying under $500 for a nice place. Your building isn't some guest house with a staircase, it's an actual apartment/luxury condo building with elevators right? lol

Do they have any vacancies? I'm seriously considering going back next month, haha.
For around 500 dollars, can find nice studios - 1 bedroom units all day long in hcmc. (places in a house or small apartment lite building, usually no pool or gym)

Gets more difficult when you want to find a nice place with decent logistics for 300-350. But even they exist.
(12-07-2018, 10:01 PM)Vic Vega Wrote: Definitely don't want any roommates in Nam. That's one of the whole selling points of living there.

Edit: Just saw that SpecEd is paying under $500 for a nice place. Your building isn't some guest house with a staircase, it's an actual apartment/luxury condo building with elevators right? lol

Do they have any vacancies? I'm seriously considering going back next month, haha.

I think I pay a little over $500 with electric, big 1 br on the top floor. Yea elevators directly to parking garage so nobody really sees me coming or going except the security guards who don't care. I've had 2 girls come straight over from tinder here, and nobody bothered them.

It's a year lease though. Not everybody can handle a year in 'Nam lol. I think I'm probably gonna go back to the U.S for at least a month just to get a little taste of civilization again.

Quote:The girls are a little cuter and the food is a lot better in Hanoi.

I've noticed that pretty much any Viet food I like is from the north. The girls I've met from there have more of a Chinese look, which I prefer I think. This part of Vietnam has a lot of Khmer blood, as it was part of their empire until a few hundred years ago. That's why you'll notice that the people who don't wear the ninja gear everytime they go outside are pretty dark here.

Definitely need to check Hanoi out. Not worried about the nightlife honestly, as it's pretty shyte here tbh.
(06-08-2017, 06:13 PM)Dash Wrote: Not had a girl yet not contact or fuck me again once she saw my shaved head. TravelHardCore also has a shaved head and he kills it in Asia. He is more confident about his look than me and doesn't hide it. He does fine. I got a young pretty boy face so it helps. THC is more masculine looking than me. So both looks can do well. 

Let's go out next Thursday night. Send me a pm.

You guys shave your head because you're losing your hair or you all shave your head because you want to, but anyone can see a clear outline where your hairline is and knows you aren't going bald?

Curious because I may shave at some point (because of losing some hair).

And if it's due to baldness, do you think it's had an effect on your job prospects over there as an English teacher?  As in, can a guy that takes the TEFL, shaves his head due to losing his hair, do fine as far as landing an English teaching gig?  In 30's.
Companies like Dash's school, which are foreign-owned and mostly managed by foreigners, dont seem to mind though.
(12-12-2018, 04:54 PM)FreeAbroad Wrote:
(06-08-2017, 06:13 PM)Dash Wrote: Not had a girl yet not contact or fuck me again once she saw my shaved head. TravelHardCore also has a shaved head and he kills it in Asia. He is more confident about his look than me and doesn't hide it. He does fine. I got a young pretty boy face so it helps. THC is more masculine looking than me. So both looks can do well. 

You guys shave your head because you're losing your hair or you all shave your head because you want to, but anyone can see a clear outline where your hairline is and knows you aren't going bald?

And if it's due to baldness, do you think it's had an effect on your job prospects over there as an English teacher?  As in, can a guy that takes the TEFL, shaves his head due to losing his hair, do fine as far as landing an English teaching gig?  In 30's.

Very few people shave their head because they want to, usually done out of necessity. 

As for job prospects, you might have to apply to a few extra places, but so long as you cast a wide net, you wont have any trouble getting jobs. 

Make sure your qualifications are in order, get in shape, dress well, smile, be professional, throw on some glasses and have some personality and you will be fine.
(12-12-2018, 11:27 PM)Dash Wrote:
(12-12-2018, 04:54 PM)FreeAbroad Wrote:

Very few people shave their head because they want to, usually done out of necessity. 

As for job prospects, you might have to apply to a few extra places, but so long as you cast a wide net, you wont have any trouble getting jobs. 

Make sure your qualifications are in order, get in shape, dress well, smile, be professional, throw on some glasses and have some personality and you will be fine.

Awesome, can do.

And thanks, Dash, appreciate the honest answer.  Considering making the trip to Vietnam for the same reasons you did a year ago, so we'll see...this thread has been great, I was going to do a consultation with you as a thank you, but didn't see you listed (it's all 20Nation).

Nonetheless, just wanted to say thanks, man...it's been an inspiring read.
No problem.

Just don't make the same mistakes I did.

1) Learn basic conversational Vietnamese before arriving

You wanna hit the ground running here with at least 500 words memorized and grow that to roughly 1,500. I am putting together a spreadsheet for these words and will drop the link here when it's finished. Hopefully, will also get a girl to meet me and put together the accompanying audio for it.

2) Keep a super detailed indexing and ranking of all the girls you pipeline online.

Name - Number (if you added them on FB) - Where they live and work - English ability - Physical ratings - Overall rating etc etc

3) The top girls on your list / ratings you need to chat with regularly (1-3 times a day)

4) Immediately after arriving plan to meet the top girls on your list. I would aim for meeting 2 girls a week minimum. Doesn't have to be anything elaborate ie a quick eat on their lunch break or a quick coffee date will suffice.

5) Don't waste time on girls you know that are not GF/WIFE/LTR material. Once you meet a girls and you see, notice something that is off putting, go ahead and cross her off the list. I have went on tons of repeat dates even knowing these girls and me have no future while not even getting sex out of it. Only do repeat dates with sluts to the bar late at night trying to get the bang or fuck buddies / friends with benefits. For serious high quality girls, I would have a 2 month date limit. After those 2 months, need to decide to become a couple or not. If you are unsure about her after 2 months, that means most likely she isn't the one for you.

6) Get your IG and Tinder game pimped out. Go ahead and pay or boosts. They are worth the money. Get at least one good picture with you and a dog (husky preferably as girls love them). While on Tinder, add all the hot girls to IG that have it linked in their profile as it gives you another chance to meet them even if you and her dont match on Tinder.

7) Adding random girls on FB works decently. Browse names in HCMC and browse other girls friend lists. Add away. Thought about trying Linkedin as well.

8) Try do to some day game (parks, malls, cafes and walking street) atleast 2-4 times a month. Can use the looking to learn Vietnamese / language exchange as an easy opener / excuse.

9) Take it slow with high quality girls you might potentially have a serious relationship with. Don't invite them to your house early on, don't invite them to a bar/club, don't talk about sex early on and don't use curse words around them. Vietnamese girls are still very conservative and traditional.

10) Know your shit regarding prices, scams and theft. My arm is still fucked up because of my stupidity.

11) Buy a decent bike asap. 500-600 dollars will suffice. Get a solid apartment or studio for 300-500 dollars. No roommates preferably.

Know exactly the qualities in a woman you are looking for. She could be a 10 in the looks department, but suck with some personality things which should send you running to the hills.

1) Easy going
2) Unselfish
3) Good Communicator
4) Not Needy
5) Not Overly Jealous
6) Similar Life Goals, Child Rearing Ideas and Accepting of Religious Ideas
7) Simple / Not Materialistic

I fucking wasted 8 months on a girl even with me knowing she wasn't easy going and sucked ass at communicating her feelings and problems. All because she looked good without makeup, spoke good English and was reliable for doing things / going out. Needless to say we had numerous big fights and issues and finally ended things. But hell I should have ended things after 2 months.

Good luck and hit me up if you come and I am still here.

You will love the dating and girl scene here if you are smart and put in the effort. I have without question dated and banged the hottest and youngest girls of my life these last 2 years. Fuck time flys.
(12-13-2018, 02:51 AM)Dash Wrote: 6) Get your IG and Tinder game pimped out. Go ahead and pay or boosts. They are worth the money. Get at least one good picture with you and a dog (husky preferably as girls love them). While on Tinder, add all the hot girls to IG that have it linked in their profile as it gives you another chance to meet them even if you and her don't match on Tinder.

I noticed on vietcupid, the girls are mostly 24 and over. I tend to date 18 to 21, and I notice you've been dating plenty of girls in the 18 to 21 range, you met these online also? I think day game is going to be my strongpoint.

(12-13-2018, 02:51 AM)Dash Wrote: 7) Adding random girls on FB works decently. Browse names in HCMC and browse other girls friend lists. Add away. Thought about trying Linkedin as well.

I had two viet girls add me on FB randomly. One was a like a 5, but the other was a solid 7 or 8 (airline attendant, has travelled all over the world, 24). The airline attendant randomly called me like 6 months later, she just wanted to hear my voice, lol. I was friends with an English teacher there, and they found me on his friends list and messaged me. Random.

(12-13-2018, 02:51 AM)Dash Wrote: 8) Try do to some day game (parks, malls, cafes and walking street) atleast 2-4 times a month. Can use the looking to learn Vietnamese / language exchange as an easy opener / excuse.

If I was there, I'd probably do this every day, I'm used to walking miles every day. Maybe it's best if I get a spot close to the best day game spot in town.

(12-13-2018, 02:51 AM)Dash Wrote: 9) Take it slow with high quality girls you might potentially have a serious relationship with. Don't invite them to your house early on, don't invite them to a bar/club, don't talk about sex early on and don't use curse words around them. Vietnamese girls are still very conservative and traditional.

Totally cool, sex isn't the primary goal, and I actually usually wait until the 3rd date anyways. I prefer it that way, I want to decrease the risk of banging crazy.

(12-13-2018, 02:51 AM)Dash Wrote: 11) Buy a decent bike asap. 500-600 dollars will suffice. Get a solid apartment or studio for 300-500 dollars. No roommates preferably.

I hate driving, man, is Ho Chi Minh City, and teaching English there, doable on foot? It seems not. I may have to look for a smaller city that's doable on foot, but apparently the smaller cities are too conservative.

(12-13-2018, 02:51 AM)Dash Wrote: Good luck and hit me up if you come and I am still here.

You will love the dating and girl scene here if you are smart and put in the effort. I have without question dated and banged the hottest and youngest girls of my life these last 2 years. Fuck time flys.

Will do, man...lots to process. Not keen on driving a motorbike...it'd be nice if there was a place where you didn't have to own a vehicle...the area I live in now (in another country in SEA) is completely walkable, I don't need a vehicle at all. It looks like Vietnam isn't like that, though.

If you could pick one place in Ho Chi Minh City that would be a walkable location with plenty of day game spots, where would it be? Like lets say you wanted to get there and just day game at a park for two months or so while you knock out the TEFL, work on your Vietnamese, etc. Has to have condos with high speed wifi nearby too, so I can study/do online stuff.

Let's say there's no pressure to work (but open to it) and priority is simply day gaming and meeting a cute 18 to 21 girl to date (7+), then after, looking for work where the logistics make sense to have it be walking distance, if possible...

Doable?
Yea, plenty of 18-21 yo online. If you day game with it you will have an unlimited supply.

If you actually day gamed everyday, you should amass even a better pool of girls than I currently have. I am talking tons of 7s and many 8s all within your contacts at any given time.

Not sure what your aim would be. If you are coming here to find a quality Vietnamese girl, there wont be no banging on the 3rd date. That would be SUPER early for most traditional normal Viet girls. Most are gonna require you to date awhile and half of them will require full on commitment before they let you smash. If you are just coming to casually date and or get some temporary relationships with girls that ride the foreigner dick carousel, then yea you can look to bang within first 3 dates.

Have you drove a motorbike before? To most foreigners and Westerners it is fun. HCMC and working is generally not doable on foot. You do not want to live in any place other than HCM if you plan on dating and meeting girls. You might could survive in Hanoi or Da Nang, but they would be a considerable downgrade compared to HCMC.

Best place logistically would be in between Vincom Mall and Nguyen Hue walking street (D1).

I would hate to live here without a motorbike. Makes life so much more convenient. Waiting for grab / taxis are a pain in the ass. Also, they make me nervous with how they drive half the time.

Cruising the city with a hot girl on the back of your bike wrapped around you is one of the best things about Vietnam.
(12-13-2018, 05:27 AM)Dash Wrote: Yea, plenty of 18-21 yo online. If you day game with it you will have an unlimited supply.

If you actually day gamed everyday, you should amass even a better pool of girls than I currently have. I am talking tons of 7s and many 8s all within your contacts at any given time.

Not sure what your aim would be. If you are coming here to find a quality Vietnamese girl, there wont be no banging on the 3rd date. That would be SUPER early for most traditional normal Viet girls. Most are gonna require you to date awhile and half of them will require full on commitment before they let you smash. If you are just coming to casually date and or get some temporary relationships with girls that ride the foreigner dick carousel, then yea you can look to bang within first 3 dates.

Looking for a good girl, but if she's had one or two serious boyfriends, that's cool too. By Viet standards, she may no longer be a good girl at that point, but by American standards...hahaha.

(12-13-2018, 05:27 AM)Dash Wrote: Have you drove a motorbike before? To most foreigners and Westerners it is fun. HCMC and working is generally not doable on foot. You do not want to live in any place other than HCM if you plan on dating and meeting girls. You might could survive in Hanoi or Da Nang, but they would be a considerable downgrade compared to HCMC.

Best place logistically would be in between Vincom Mall and Nguyen Hue walking street (D1).

I've never driven one, but I can drive stick, so I'm assuming it's similar.

Looking that location up right now!

Thanks for this piece of advice:

"You do not want to live in any place other than HCM if you plan on dating and meeting girls. "

Kind of narrows it down...was considering Da Nang, but dude, that flooding that's going on right now is crazy...

(12-13-2018, 05:27 AM)Dash Wrote: I would hate to live here without a motorbike. Makes life so much more convenient. Waiting for grab / taxis are a pain in the ass. Also, they make me nervous with how they drive half the time.

Cruising the city with a hot girl on the back of your bike wrapped around you is one of the best things about Vietnam.

Yeah, it seems fun, but every friend I've had that rode a motorbike has been in an accident, and they all got hurt. All survived, but one metal pole or chunk of concrete sticking out of the ground where they flew/fell and they'd have been toast.

It'd be cool if there was a walkable city (or with nice public transport, whatevs) ...that you could also work in teaching English and game cute Asian girls...

Guess we can't have everything, gotta work with what's there. From the reports I've read, Vietnam is a solid place to find a quality girl.
Usually accidents happen due to the foreigner fucking up.

Been here 2 years and yet to see any serious accident.

Traffic in the city moves fairly slow tbt.

No teacher at my company has had a serious serious one either (large company).

Drive safe and I wouldnt worry about accidents.

People can get killed or fucked up in any type of transportation anywhere in the world.
More than anything, you need the right type of personality to be successful at teaching in Asia. If you're the quiet and/or introverted type, you should seriously reconsider going into teaching, because you will struggle.

Keep in mind, you're not actually teaching kids anything. It's more about being an entertainer and a clown to amuse them. You can avoid this completely by going into SAT/IELTS/TOEFL test prep though.
I find teaching so much better now. Having 5-6 games that are decent up your sleeve makes it a piece a of piss.

I’m not a major extrovert but I’m naturally playful with kids and animals.
I got the The old guy at my last places classes because he just wasn’t fun. You have like 35 mins to teach 8 vocabulary words. Didn’t believe in games because he was a “teacher”.

A lot of older teachers here are miserable though. I’m in a pretty good mood though and it’s also a major factor in how you come across in classes.

I also don’t really give a fuck and I’m not serious. It’s also quite satisfying when the students get really into it and are disappointed when you leave.

I’m getting a lot of my hours teaching online now. So far that’s been going great. Even easier than live teaching.

Fuck grammar though. Grammar is gay
what are you using for online teaching? dada?
No I was going to but heard they wanted you to do homework reports in your own time and they were notorious for penalizing you over bullshit. I went with alo7
^ I'm looking for more online work.

What're the hours and pay like for that company? Do they give you students automatically or do they do that stupid shit where the kids/parents choose and book you based on how popular you are?
You pick classes that are sent out in an email daily. You have to be early though. Once you get one class though they usually last like 6 months. You do get rated though. And parents are watching but they’re more helpful than anything else.