The Vietnam Thread
Dash, how did you meet this model type girl?
Going to check out Homyland 2 in D2 today after work. Fairly new on top of a Vincom mall. Nice little outside area next to a river and even has a basketball court. Checked google and it stated 22 minutes from work.
Found a place for 5 million (really cheap for a newer apartment building) in D2. Basic but new.

Or

9 million for a nice new one in D7.

Hmmm Maybe opt for nice place. But damn would be nice being able to save 3/4 of my salary lol
If anyone is wondering about my monthly spending averages. With my gig, I work about 10-12 hours a week. Make 46-48m a month (assuming I don't pick up any extra shifts)

Apartment + Electricity: 10m

Fun/Food: 12-14m

Send Home: 24m

I date a lot and eat out almost every meal. Nothing fancy. A mix of cheap local food (1-3$) with moderate priced western style restaurants (5-10$). And also go out to party 3-6 times a month.

Fyi: m = million vnd (1$ = 23,000 vnd)
Gonna sell my current kitchen furniture and get more modern looking stuff. The new apartment is going to be sick.

If anyone wants to go the same route, here is what you can expect price wise to get the pad looking nice.

For bed frames and wardrobe I just went to the furniture street in D10. Just get the modern looking ones. Or this place has good value atleast for bed frames https://smyhome.vn/

For mattress I just went to a basic shop on the side of the road. Can test them out to see which one is comfortable.

For bedding you can either go to one of the big supermarkets or malls or hit up https://www.facebook.com/LobeHouse

For the sofa I will use one of the ads I saw on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/sofanhaxanh

For the other furnishings I will use https://uma.vn/en

For appliances I will hit up https://dienmaycholon.vn

Cost breakdown as follows

TV Table: 2.5m
40' TV: 8m
Sofa: 6m
Sofa Table: 2m
Shoe Cabinet: 1m
Balcony Table: 600k
Balcony Chairs: 3m
Bathroom Cabinet: 1m
Dinning Table: 2m
Dinning Chairs: 1.4m
Aircon: 5m
Water Heater: 2m
Bedroom Set: 7m
Bedroom Curtain: 2m
Mattress: 6m
Fridge: 7m
Microwave: 1.5m
Fan: 2m

Total: 60m (2,500usd)

That is for fully decked out with everything. I spread out my purchases over a few months. Plan to sell all of it when I leave. Should recoup 50-70% of money spent.
Quote:If anyone is wondering about my monthly spending averages. With my gig, I work about 10-12 hours a week. Make 46-48m a month (assuming I don't pick up any extra shifts)
That sounds pretty solid, man, especially for working so few hours! What line of work are you in? Is it hard to find a job in Vietnam without speaking any Vietnamese?
I teach english. My company was already one of the best paying for normal teachers. I was promoted to a management role and now am getting more money with less teaching hours. So my gig isn't typical. But even normal teachers are living good here.

No foreigners speak Vietnamese (typically)
Damn your banking near a mil an hour.

Kind of regretting picking a high school for more hours after teaching primary today. So much less hassle.
Also don’t know what’s going on in my gf situation here. I’d highly recommend if you come here to be very careful getting into one especially if your natural setting in life is being a bang machine.

Breaking up is a much more difficult thing than I imagined it to be especially if you care about the chick and don’t know 100% what you even want.

Pumping and dumping is such a breeze compared to this shit.

Every time I get close to it the single life loses all appeal. It’s a complete mind fuck.

So much fucking bangable chicks here and they’re so fun to interact with. And I fucking wasted half my early twenties saving in the middle of no where in the West.
^^

All men's natural setting is a bang machine lol.

Just a matter of if you are past that phase and want something more or not ie family

Breaking up is really hard. It has been 2 weeks since me and my main girl stopped talking.

On one hand it feels great as now I am free to start over and find someone more suitable. But on the other hand, it really sucks to waste so much time, effort, energy and money on a girl (7 months). She is nice, but we are just not compatible.

For me, I need to be fully satisfied with a girl for me to be faithful and commit. If not I am always thinking about what if and wanting to meet someone better.
Hi Dash, actually what would make you satisfied? Good in bed?
I am finding the language barrier abit of an issue so am working hard to learn it as well.
Conversation can be a chore without it.
(10-20-2018, 07:21 PM)risebatplay Wrote: Hi Dash, actually what would make you satisfied? Good in bed?
I am finding the language barrier abit of an issue so am working hard to learn it as well.
Conversation can be a chore without it.

What would make me satisfied? Keep in mind I am looking for a wife. Not a fuck buddy or temporary gf. 

Compatibile Personality
1. Easy going 
2. Non needy
3. Unselfish 
4. Considerate
5. Responsible 
6. Decent English 
7. Simple / Non materialistic
8. Similar or agreeable life goals and child rearing expectations

Physical Compatibility 
9. Cute without any or noticeable makeup
10. Slim waist
11. Good legs 
12. Good Shoulder / hip ratio 
13. Decent sex (pussy can't be loose or ugly, no noticeable odor, girl aims to please etc)
14. Good hands and feet
15. Not completely flat chested

The girl i have dated for the last 7 months had some but not all or even most of these. So there was always problems and doubt. Off the top of my head she had 2, 3, 6, 7, 9, 13 (good sex), 15. She was lacking too many important things. However, just finding 9 and 6 can be problematic especially if you don't day game. Which probably is one of the reasons I stayed around for so long.
Fucking apartment people told me the sale is complicated so they cant tell me when it will be finalized and even said it might not happen. I had already expected and had my mind set on moving.

Thinking about just saying fuck it and break my lease next month. Would have to eat 400 dollars though. Bit more than I am comfortable with just throwing down the drain. But really want to move.
I am going to start doing some day/street game at the famous Nguyen Hue walking street in Saigon. In the evening and at night this places is swarming with girls leisurely strolling around. Been meaning to do this for awhile now but have been side tracked lately. My plan is to ask 5-10 girls on my first attempt. I am really curious what the numbers will look like ie 7 out of 10 girls responded positively when approached, 5 out of 10 girls gave me their numbers, 2 girls met me for a date etc. I will use a super innocent indirect opener / excuse of me wanting to learn Vietnamese and if they would be interested in meeting me to help me with Vietnamese and I can even help them with English. I am just looking for a reason to get the number and meet them to run game. I am only going to ask girls that I would want to date on appearance, so really cute girls with clean faces / natural / non makeup looks.

Will report back next Monday with results and numbers. Wish me luck
(10-25-2018, 09:18 AM)Dash Wrote: I am going to start doing some day/street game at the famous Nguyen Hue walking street in Saigon. In the evening and at night this places is swarming with girls leisurely strolling around. Been meaning to do this for awhile now but have been side tracked lately. My plan is to ask 5-10 girls on my first attempt. I am really curious what the numbers will look like ie 7 out of 10 girls responded positively when approached, 5 out of 10 girls gave me their numbers, 2 girls met me for a date etc. I will use a super innocent indirect opener / excuse of me wanting to learn Vietnamese and if they would be interested in meeting me to help me with Vietnamese and I can even help them with English. I am just looking for a reason to get the number and meet them to run game. I am only going to ask girls that I would want to date on appearance, so really cute girls with clean faces / natural / non makeup looks.

Will report back next Monday with results and numbers. Wish me luck

Hope you get your apartment and living arrangements sorted out Dash. 

Sounds like a good plan for the day game experiment. Good luck with that. Looking forward to the results. Sounds like a good opener idea too.
Dash, one thing you might want to add to your list is no mental illnesses, or signs of any (such as anti-depressant drugs).

It can be hard to sniff out though. I didn't see the signs in my ex until at least two years into the relationship. And that was years after giving a buddy of mine grief for several months for dating a chick diagnosed with bi-polar disorder.

Stress usually brings it out. Travel is how I eventually found out (and how my buddy found out too, if I remember right). But only after enough time had passed to where she let her guard down.

Tricky business, this wife hunting is. I totally understand guys who pass on it.
Visa Tips | LTR Lessons | "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers."

That is kind of a given (same as faithful, honest etc). The moment I learn of or catch wind of a mental illness I am ejecting assuming we are not already married.

We can only evaluate what we can see and know. So yea there is always risks involved. The shocking thing is most people's fuck up when choosing a partner are clear as day visible.

Got some good news yesterday. The agent messaged me and told me the sale of the apartment was finalized and that the owner would come meet with me today. So it's looking like I will not have to waste 400 dollars and in fact will be getting an additional 400 dollars for the owner breaking the lease.

Now my brain is just hurting thinking about where to live. I really enjoy living in a full out nice apartment vs a small studio in a house. But then my mind starts to think about logistics.

Alot of girls live above D1 in Go Vap, Tan Binh, D12 and also in Binh Thanh. Ideally one would want to live in the middle of there and D1 in Phu Nhuan, D3, or D10. However, nice apartments there cost 1,000+ dollars vs 400 dollars else where.

Ive been living in D7 for awhile now and it hasn't caused me too much hassle. So I am not sure why I am stressing about this so much.

However, then I think of it like this. For random fucks, there are plenty of girls I can find that live in D7 (not that I have even needed it so far). Just had a girl drive from Binh Duong to see me and Binh Duong is far as fuck! For a girlfriend / serious relationship, I would expect her to suck it up and make the drive to see me.
It's a catch 22. Most Viet girls are gonna live on the other side of d1 like Dash says. Most expats are in d7/d2. My muay Thai gym is also in d7.

Even from D3 where I'm at now, it's a 45 minute drive to my girl in go vap. I'd never make that drive from the other end of d7 no matter how hot the chick was. Also, the roads in d7 are horrendous.

Imo, D4 is the best compromise. You're never more than a 1000 meters from the nightlife in d1. D7 is right across the river. It still shaves 20 mins off the drive if the girl is in govap/phunhuan,etc.
I’m in D2 right at the bridge. Before stayed in go vap. Honestly logistics never bothered me too much as you can get hotels for less than $5 bucks for a 12 hour stay. Can come in handy if you’d rather not have to spend too much time with the chick after.

Missing chasing poon like mad. Gf took nice care of me when I was ill lately but this desire for fresh poon is driving me bat shit insane. Popping boners chatting to 5s who don’t speak English while eating my banh mi on my break.
@SpecialEd,

Only one road in D7 is the pits. It's the one on the far right of the district leading to D1. I think that is the one you took when you came. Can easily avoid it by using the adjacent road which Cresent Mall is on. D7 is know for wide nice roads eg road connecting Vivo City and Cresent Mall.

@Rick

Yea, I think for guys who live here, logistics are not as important as other places and for dudes on a short few day visit. And def, hotels can be had for 5 dollars (some that even look pretty good for a fuck motel) for 12 hours.

After alot of back and forth messaging today, finally got someone to come down on their price and offer a better deal.

An Gia Skyline - 2 Bedroom, 2 Bath, Management Fee Included, Curtains and AC for 8.5 million.

Pretty damn good deal. I will move on Monday. So pumped. Ill post pics for you guys in about 2-3 weeks when it is fully set up.
(10-15-2018, 09:46 AM)Dash Wrote: If anyone is wondering about my monthly spending averages. With my gig, I work about 10-12 hours a week. Make 46-48m a month (assuming I don't pick up any extra shifts)

Apartment + Electricity: 10m

Fun/Food: 12-14m

Send Home: 24m

I date a lot and eat out almost every meal. Nothing fancy. A mix of cheap local food (1-3$) with moderate priced western style restaurants (5-10$). And also go out to party 3-6 times a month.

Fyi: m = million vnd (1$ = 23,000 vnd)
Dash- What the hell are you doing still in the ESL industry when you (I guess) have earned a real teaching degree? I'm starting to think you are either crazy or really stupid. You're making like 24k USD a year (I'm an international school teacher and I make 2-3 x's what you're making plus housing, medical, flight home every year, matching retirement, etc.)! You're in your 30s and acting like you are 22. How about you start an international teaching career and meet girls at the same time? They're not mutually exclusive, dude. Go to a job fair, find a job in a country with acceptable women, then make money and find a suitable wife. You seem to be reluctant to move up in the world and take that next step in your life.