SwoopTheWorld
The Vietnam Thread - Printable Version

+- SwoopTheWorld (https://www.swooptheworld.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://www.swooptheworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Travel Forum (https://www.swooptheworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: The Vietnam Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: The Vietnam Thread - mike - 03-17-2019

Oh interesting. I don't have experience with Vietnamese women. Generally I know that Taiwanese women cheat like crazy (half the ones I've been with had boyfriends). Thai women are so loose I wouldn't trust one in a relationship. Good to know about Vietnamese women, I'll have to check out Vietnam when (if) I'm eventually ready to settle down.

RE: The Vietnam Thread - Mas Cervezas - 03-21-2019

Does Saigon have decent nightlife venues for every taste:
EDM & House Music
Rap & Hiphop
Latin & Reggaeton
Jazz & Blues
Classic Rock & Hit Song Type of Cover Band plus live Local Bands
Heavy Metal
Karaoke Bars
KTV Style Loungue's
Decent Western Style Strip Clubs like Sapphire & Spearmint Rhino in Vegas
Etc.

RE: The Vietnam Thread - Dash - 03-21-2019

^^

Have you read anything in this thread? It answers your questions.

RE: The Vietnam Thread - SpecialEd - 03-21-2019

Dont come to Saigon for nightlife. For a city of its size, the nightlife options are pretty poor. And expensive.

I havent been yet but Ive heard Taipei is a much better option for Western style clubs and ONS.

RE: The Vietnam Thread - Traveltothemax - 03-22-2019

Hey guys I haven't been on here for a long time. I'm coming to Ho Chi Minh March 28 for at least a few weeks or more. If anyone is around and wants to meet up pm me. I'm staying in Bin Thanh.

RE: The Vietnam Thread - Dash - 03-22-2019

Work is sending me to help out in Pleiku (2nd -3rd tier Central Vietnam) this upcoming week.

I plan to turn it into a trip and take a few days off the following week and visit Hue, Da Nang and Hoi An.

RE: The Vietnam Thread - Dash - 03-26-2019

In Pleiku now. Weather is pretty good.

They say Central Vietnam has the best looking women. I was surprised by some of the talent i saw on Tinder.

Wondering if my fellow coworkers have already ruined this town.

RE: The Vietnam Thread - Vic Vega - 03-28-2019

Diet-related question here: what are some inexpensive, low carb meal options in Saigon that won't have you shitting water or puking your guts out?

RE: The Vietnam Thread - SpecialEd - 03-28-2019

Basically have to cook bro. Viet food is not low carb.

I just bought a pressure cooker and gonna start cooking more. Eating out in Nam is cheap but it's not optimal for health. More than the carbs, I'm worried about the shit in the food. They have a whole MSG section in co-op mart lol. I just spent the last week in the U.S and felt loads better, more energy,etc. a lot of which is due to the food imo.

RE: The Vietnam Thread - lighter - 03-28-2019

(03-28-2019, 02:58 AM)Vic Vega Wrote: Diet-related question here: what are some inexpensive, low carb meal options in Saigon that won't have you shitting water or puking your guts out?

I like heo quay (spit roasted pork). You can buy it for 200k-300k/kg at the butcher (look for the hanging pigs) and some banh mi stalls. It's just straight fat and protein. I buy 500g at a time. Normally lasts me a day or three. I eat it almost everyday and have been fine. The protein and fat fills me up too.

Bo ne is low carb if you ignore the bread. It's just eggs, beef, and veggies.

Banh xeo might work depending on who makes it.... just don't get/eat the banh part. Though it would probably suck without the banh part tbh.

Viet meals are really just meat + veggie + rice, bread, or noodles... so don't get the rice, bread, or noodles.

RE: The Vietnam Thread - Tejo - 03-29-2019

What is the long term plan for most of you guys? Is it just fuck around party for an extended time frame......Maybe some of you have online businesses which is a great plan if they are profitable for the longterm......I also get doing the travel, work as an English teacher route if your in your 20's looking for a few fuck off years......

But I think Dash your in your 30's if I remember correctly with an education degree that if you put to work could set you up to teach at an International school with a great package, and retirement. If you played it right you could be set for life.....earning English teacher wage in your 30-40s during your prime earning years is really short sighted. I am sure you have a long list of excuses but come on! 

The plan you have is to find a vietnamase wife earning as an English teacher....your not gonna attract the women you want to marry as an english teacher, even you write that going to bars and clubs looking for these girls is not panning out....SO if you do find a wife....then you plan to bring her back to the states or live abroad???? I think even you can see that plan has so many holes in it.....

Why not build yourself up, use your degree, get set financially and then start worrying about finding a wife? I would not even think of getting married until late 30's mid 40's in your prime.....there are tons of tier 2 International schools in SEA that you could cut your teeth on....learn your craft, and then move up the ranks.....get out of the the comfort zone of English teaching. 

English teaching is not sustainable longterm, its a young backpacker/drifters game.....How much longer you plan on kicking the can down the road? 

You could be earning double in Vietnam at an International School, yes you would work harder, but you would still have loads of free time, networking capabilities, and the chance to sock even more money away for investments, rental properties, trust me that day is coming soon when your an old fuck....just trying to help you man....if you need leads or help shout out....good luck!

RE: The Vietnam Thread - Nexttrip - 03-30-2019

(03-29-2019, 12:44 PM)Tejo Wrote: What is the long term plan for most of you guys? Is it just fuck around party for an extended time frame......Maybe some of you have online businesses which is a great plan if they are profitable for the longterm......I also get doing the travel, work as an English teacher route if your in your 20's looking for a few fuck off years......

But I think Dash your in your 30's if I remember correctly with an education degree that if you put to work could set you up to teach at an International school with a great package, and retirement. If you played it right you could be set for life.....earning English teacher wage in your 30-40s during your prime earning years is really short sighted. I am sure you have a long list of excuses but come on! 

The plan you have is to find a vietnamase wife earning as an English teacher....your not gonna attract the women you want to marry as an english teacher, even you write that going to bars and clubs looking for these girls is not panning out....SO if you do find a wife....then you plan to bring her back to the states or live abroad???? I think even you can see that plan has so many holes in it.....

Why not build yourself up, use your degree, get set financially and then start worrying about finding a wife? I would not even think of getting married until late 30's mid 40's in your prime.....there are tons of tier 2 International schools in SEA that you could cut your teeth on....learn your craft, and then move up the ranks.....get out of the the comfort zone of English teaching. 

English teaching is not sustainable longterm, its a young backpacker/drifters game.....How much longer you plan on kicking the can down the road? 

You could be earning double in Vietnam at an International School, yes you would work harder, but you would still have loads of free time, networking capabilities, and the chance to sock even more money away for investments, rental properties, trust me that day is coming soon when your an old fuck....just trying to help you man....if you need leads or help shout out....good luck!

Good post, Tejo. Dash could have all the so-called "advantages" of an ESL teacher and a LOT more as an international school teacher; better wages, better benefits, save way more money, better job security, way more country options (In the ESL world, there are only a handful of places that pay anything decent) and international school teacher is a respected career. 

Do Vietnamese women get moist when they learn you're an ESL teacher, Dash? I can't imagine that's helping your cause at all. Get your priorities straight and the right girl will come along. Not the other way around. I hope the young guys on this board aren't following your example.

RE: The Vietnam Thread - SpecialEd - 03-30-2019

Lol i doubt women get moist when they find out youre an intl school teacher. And if your job title is the core of your game, youre going to struggle no matter what it is. 

I actually know a guy working at an intl school here. Hates it..and I dont think he makes much.

In any case, priortizing a career while waiting for "the right girl to come along" is what your average american guy does. How well does that work out for them?

RE: The Vietnam Thread - Tejo - 03-30-2019

(03-30-2019, 06:48 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: Lol i doubt women get moist when they find out youre an intl school teacher. And if your job title is the core of your game, youre going to struggle no matter what it is. 

I actually know a guy working at an intl school here. Hates it..and I dont think he makes much.

In any case, priortizing a career while waiting for "the right girl to come along" is what your average american guy does. How well does that work out for them?

Jajajajaj you don't get it....Priortizing a career especially in your 30's GIVES YOU OPTIONS later in life. I am trying to show Dash that he has the creditinals to get into a career with travel, great pay, and time off. Most people would want that....there are good and bad international schools thus the rankings tier 3, tier 2, and tier 1. 

The Tier 1 options in Vietnam are excellent, due to the low cost of living and earning USD, paid apt, Worldwide healthcare, Paid flights home, retirment, bonus pay. Does this mean Dash has to get experience and work his way up.....YES! Even more reason now to get out of the dead end road of English teaching and get experience in Int Schools so he can move up the ladder now in his 30's....

Yes I think girls will get moist when you have the ability to live in top housing (rent free), take trips whenever you want, you have a maid cleaning your house, you don't hesitate to take a trip to a 5 star hotel or a resort on some beach in Thailand and also have loads of time off to explore many places all over Asia....your not doing that as an ESL teacher! 

My friends in SEA on tier 1 and some tier 2 packages live amazing lives.....the question is does Dash want easy or does Dash wanna step up and do the heavy lifting now to get to a better position in life? 

I for one would recommend taking advantage of the creditials he has and enjoy the perks of living in Vietnam while advancing in his life.....seem's like a no brainer!

RE: The Vietnam Thread - Dash - 03-30-2019

(03-29-2019, 12:44 PM)Tejo Wrote:
Quote:What is the long term plan for most of you guys? Is it just fuck around party for an extended time frame......Maybe some of you have online businesses which is a great plan if they are profitable for the longterm......I also get doing the travel, work as an English teacher route if your in your 20's looking for a few fuck off years......

My long term plans are simple. Find a traditional loyal faithful wife and start a family. Raise some great well rounded kids and hopefully get to see some grandchildren. 

Quote:But I think Dash your in your 30's if I remember correctly with an education degree that if you put to work could set you up to teach at an International school with a great package, and retirement. If you played it right you could be set for life.....earning English teacher wage in your 30-40s during your prime earning years is really short sighted. I am sure you have a long list of excuses but come on! 

Most International Schools do not pay well. Only the very good ones pay really well and they are not easy to get on to as people generally stay at them once they get hired. I do not know of any International School that pays a retirement. Even in America, it is 30 years and it's the government that pays your retirement, not the school. I am pretty sure I make more money than a lot of International School teachers right now (I am only working 15 hours a week compared to their 40-50). 

I am a simple guy. I don't need a nice house, a nice car(s), a vacation home, numerous expensive vacations a year, expensive jewelry etc etc. So, the benefit for me working away my prime years for things I don't even want or need is kind of pointless. 

To live a simple middle class life doesn't take much money. I am much more concerned about my family life and my own personal happiness. 

Quote:The plan you have is to find a vietnamase wife earning as an English teacher....your not gonna attract the women you want to marry as an english teacher, even you write that going to bars and clubs looking for these girls is not panning out....SO if you do find a wife....then you plan to bring her back to the states or live abroad???? I think even you can see that plan has so many holes in it.....

On the contrary, I would not want ANY female that would have a problem with me as an educated guy that has a decent stable job. I have not looked for one wife in a bar or club. I go there for easy bangs. 

Quote:Why not build yourself up, use your degree, get set financially and then start worrying about finding a wife? I would not even think of getting married until late 30's mid 40's in your prime.....there are tons of tier 2 International schools in SEA that you could cut your teeth on....learn your craft, and then move up the ranks.....get out of the the comfort zone of English teaching. 

I actually want to be an active father ie play sports with my kids. I have no interest in being a grandpa dad and not even having hardly anytime to see my grandchildren. Additionally, I am past the banging random sloots phase. I want a wife and family now. I have never been one to wait for things I want. I go get them. 

Quote:English teaching is not sustainable longterm, its a young backpacker/drifters game.....How much longer you plan on kicking the can down the road? 

Which schools in Vietnam pay 4,000+ dollars? 

(03-30-2019, 11:35 AM)Tejo Wrote:
(03-30-2019, 06:48 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: Lol i doubt women get moist when they find out youre an intl school teacher. And if your job title is the core of your game, youre going to struggle no matter what it is. 

Jajajajaj you don't get it....Priortizing a career especially in your 30's GIVES YOU OPTIONS later in life. I am trying to show Dash that he has the creditinals to get into a career with travel, great pay, and time off. Most people would want that....there are good and bad international schools thus the rankings tier 3, tier 2, and tier 1. 

The Tier 1 options in Vietnam are excellent, due to the low cost of living and earning USD, paid apt, Worldwide healthcare, Paid flights home, retirment, bonus pay. Does this mean Dash has to get experience and work his way up.....YES! Even more reason now to get out of the dead end road of English teaching and get experience in Int Schools so he can move up the ladder now in his 30's....

Yes I think girls will get moist when you have the ability to live in top housing (rent free), take trips whenever you want, you have a maid cleaning your house, you don't hesitate to take a trip to a 5 star hotel or a resort on some beach in Thailand and also have loads of time off to explore many places all over Asia....your not doing that as an ESL teacher! 

My friends in SEA on tier 1 and some tier 2 packages live amazing lives.....the question is does Dash want easy or does Dash wanna step up and do the heavy lifting now to get to a better position in life? 

I for one would recommend taking advantage of the creditials he has and enjoy the perks of living in Vietnam while advancing in his life.....seem's like a no brainer!

I am actually leaning towards moving back to the US after getting married. So there is not much reason to do what you are suggesting.

(03-30-2019, 06:19 AM)Nexttrip Wrote: Do Vietnamese women get moist when they learn you're an ESL teacher, Dash? I can't imagine that's helping your cause at all. Get your priorities straight and the right girl will come along. Not the other way around. I hope the young guys on this board aren't following your example.

I do not want any girl who marries or dates men from her getting moist at his earnings. I am looking for a simple down to earth girl that gets moist over an honest faithful responsible man than can provide for a family. 

Most men throw away their youth chasing money and career. Then end up getting divorced and having their kids taken away from them. Then when they travel they have to bang hookers or gold diggers. Women that are only with them for financial gain. 

Traveling when you are 50 is not the same as traveling when you are 20-30s. Hell, even now that I am 30+ I find some 18-22 year olds reluctant to meet me. 

For people reading this

If you require nice things to be happy in life and you dont mind being an old father or traveling as an old guy - Prioritize career early

If you don't require nice things to be happy in life and want to travel as a young guy - Prioritize travel and family early 

There isn't any one shoe fits all here. Different strokes for different folks.

RE: The Vietnam Thread - lighter - 03-30-2019

(03-30-2019, 11:35 AM)Tejo Wrote:

You're way overestimating Vietnamese girls bro. (I agree with your point about finding a career, but it does sound like you're a recruiter.)

First, the average Viet salary is like $250/month or something. So we're competing with guys making $250/month. Here are some personal anecdotes.

I lived in a crappy windowless room when I first got here. Women thought it was nice because it had a bed, sofa, AC, huge TV, and white tile. 

I literally showed a picture of a US prison cell to a girl and she said it was nicer than her apartment lol.

I once paid a university student 35k/hour to do some data entry work for one of my websites and she was fucking ecstatic. Literally texted all her friends about it. She keeps bugging me for more work too... and that was 6 months ago. Probably could have paid her 24k/hour, but whatever. She did good work.

Also, women get moist reading 50 Shades of Gray, when you handcuff them, when you make them roleplay as your ESL student, and when you spank them.

Fireman, International Drug Kingpin, and Fortune 500 CEO are the best job titles if you want to make women moist. I don't think International School teacher even makes the list.

All that said, I would not base a career decision on what makes women moist.

For lack of a better term, that's the dumbest fucking shit I've heard in my life.

RE: The Vietnam Thread - SpecialEd - 03-30-2019

Pursuing skills, and assets I can get behind. "Get a career" is worker bee advice.

Most people loathe their careers, and are one misfortune away from getting financially wiped out. Its not like pensions are handed out often these days.

RE: The Vietnam Thread - Dash - 03-31-2019

Tejo,

As pointed out by Lighter, Vietnamese women are fairly different from women in the West. Seems like you are viewing them from a Western woman mentality. Funny story, my ex actually got mad at me for wanting to change from a 10 dollar hotel to a 20 dollar hotel. She tried to spin it as me needing too much and not being simple. The bed was uncomfortable, jeez lol.

A Vietnamese girl just wants a faithful good hearted guy that can take care of their family (someone responsible with a decent stable job). They are typically fairly simple and frugal and don't like to waste money.

There are local guys here making 500 dollars a month with a hotter, more faithful, more loyal and better wife/mother than most men in the West earning 6+ figures.

Chasing a career and using that as your "game" is pretty fool hardy. You will attract the wrong women and end up dented or unhappy.

I have more respect for a healthy fit poor musician living his dream doing what he loves than a rich fat fuck slaving away on wall street hating going to work everyday. The former would probably be banging the ladder's wife on the side

Life needs a healthy balance between doing what you love/like and also making sure you can support and provide for yourself and a family if you choose to have one. It doesn't take much to live a normal middle class life if you decide to prioritize travel and fun early in life. Now if you want alot of nice luxury things, then you might need to prioritize work and career early. All depends on what you want in life, what makes you happy, whats important to you etc.

RE: The Vietnam Thread - lighter - 03-31-2019

(03-30-2019, 11:36 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: Pursuing skills, and assets I can get behind. "Get a career" is worker bee advice.

Most people loathe their careers, and are one misfortune away from getting financially wiped out. Its not like pensions are handed out often these days.

Most men are worker bees by default, so it's good advice for most men. If a guy knows what he wants out of life, then he doesn't need any career advice (ex. Dash).

But yeah, building/purchasing cash-flowing asset(s) of some sort is the best "career" and retirement route if you have the skills and knowledge to make it profitable. I am not betting my retirement on a government pension. There's just no way Social Security, or most pension funds, will be solvent in 40 years with the current US demographics.

RE: The Vietnam Thread - Tejo - 03-31-2019

Most International Schools do not pay well. Only the very good ones pay really well and they are not easy to get on to as people generally stay at them once they get hired. I do not know of any International School that pays a retirement. Even in America, it is 30 years and it's the government that pays your retirement, not the school. I am pretty sure I make more money than a lot of International School teachers right now (I am only working 15 hours a week compared to their 40-50).

ALL tier 1 and tier 2 schools will pay way better than ESL. Your issue is you have no teaching experience. The top schools are not gonna take a guy with just ESL experience to teach at an International school making solid money. Tier 1 will offer a retirment in which the match your monthly contribution usually you put in 3% and the school pays 10%.....

What you don't get is they pay in USD it's not taxed, and you have no bills or costs. So your already winning on currency exchage and They pay housing, electric, wifi, so it is straight profit. My friends in Asia and tier 1 vietnam bank 40-50K USD a year while still traveling and living a wonderful life. While only working 185 day contract.....They are semi-retired living well in Asia. The top schools take effort to get in but it is not impossible if you work on improving yourself and networking. If your in Math or Sciences you will be sought after. 

My advice, since your in HCMC. Why would you not at least go to the Bangkok Search associates international job fair and start seeing what your options are....It would be silly to not even try to see what is out there while your a short flight away. You may just may get lucky and find a school in a tough position. My bet would be without experience most tier 1-2 schools will not touch you, but you never know. And no I am not a recruiter just giving you options. 

https://www.searchassociates.com/Schools/vietnam/

I am not familiar with all theses Vietnam schools but a handful I do know are top rate. The UNICS school in Hanoi is top 5 in the world. An amazing package. 

I am a simple guy. I don't need a nice house, a nice car(s), a vacation home, numerous expensive vacations a year, expensive jewelry etc etc. So, the benefit for me working away my prime years for things I don't even want or need is kind of pointless. 

You realize the cost of bringing a wife into the USA? Just the application process alone is thousands of dollars. Then it takes years of living in USA to get approved for permanent residency. All the while your gonna be a slave to a job in the USA.  If you teach your looking at starting around 35-40K per year that is taxed so your bring home is peanuts, if you do teach public schools they pay better than private but the schools are shit.  You will have 25-30 kids in a class. You will be slaving for a pension that in 30 years may not be the what it is now....that is continually being changed and fucked with by law makers. You will need a few cars, furniture, apt/house, bills....it's hard to live simple in the USA.  

To live a simple middle class life doesn't take much money. I am much more concerned about my family life and my own personal happiness.

I wish you well with the American Dream...its not what it used to be back in the USA for middle class. I think your short changing yourself but yea it is your life...why not bank up a nice nest egg in asia and then go home to USA and buy a house....I tried to give some advice....it is your life , and you seem like a nice guy.....so good luck!