SwoopTheWorld
The Vietnam Thread - Printable Version

+- SwoopTheWorld (https://www.swooptheworld.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://www.swooptheworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Travel Forum (https://www.swooptheworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: The Vietnam Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: The Vietnam Thread - Dash - 08-08-2017

(08-08-2017, 07:30 AM)Vic Vega Wrote: That's not entirely true.

The big legitimate companies like ILA want real copies of your documents in hand and force you to work on a shitty work permit.

Sure they want real copies. 

But they can't tell the difference between a real copy and a good fake. 

That is why I said pay for a high quality fake degree. 

But that is just for the handful of major companies. 90% of centers and schools will not check up on real copy or not. A scan will do usually.

Basically what is comes down to is getting a work permit. The top of the top centers will want you on a work permit. Thus you will need to get your documents notarized. That doesn't mean verified for authenticity. At least not for Americans.

These are the only centers that will be strict require such. All the other centers will usually be lax and let you work illegally on a tourist or business visa.

1) ILA
2) VUS
3) Wall Street
4) Apax
5) Apollo

Next biggest one is

6) Yola

Is where I worked at. They have like 5 to 6 centers in Hcmc. They never made me produce my originals or made me go get stuff notarized.

RE: The Vietnam Thread - SpecialEd - 08-09-2017

I dunno why guys would be happy making $2k a month in Nam when even an entry level sales job in the U.S could net you $50K a year just showing up to work. 6 figures if you're hustling.

Yea, I get that it's cheap to live out there, but it's not THAT cheap. What if you want to want buy real estate, start a business,etc..?All that requires capital that you can't set aside on $2k a month. Anyway, different strokes for different folks.

RE: The Vietnam Thread - Dash - 08-09-2017

@SpecialEd

Let's run the numbers

50k after taxes is 36k

Rent for a 1 bedroom apartment in central part of town would be 1,000+

Now left with 24k

Car payment would be about 250.

Gas for car will be about 100.

Car insurance about 50.

Now you are left with 19,200

Health Insurance about 4,000.

Now you are left with 15,200.

Eating will run you 400 dollars.

Now left with about 10,000.

Dating 2-3 times a week will cost about 70 a week.

Now you are left with 6,500.

Utilities (gas, electric, internet, cable) for your apartment will run about 150 a month.

Now you are left with about 4,700.

Gym membership and cell phone will run you about 120 a month.

Now you are left with about 3,000

Now you need to buy clothes, go do fun things for yourself, havent even mentioned any student loans or credit card bills. Also havent mentioned any savings. Factor in those things are you are now in the negative.

The simple fact of the matter is most people in the US are in debt and can not save much at all each much. Especially young people who live alone.

Now we havent even touched on traveling and living in another country and what that brings to an individual. Also havent even touched on the women and dating.

I am working 18 hours a week. Have a nice studio apartment in central part of town. Go out dating and partying 2-4 times a week. Eat out every meal. And can save 1,000 a month. If I decided I wanted to work more like a normal 40 hour week I would be able to save 3k a month. Now compare that to guys working 40 hours a week barely saving anything in the West. Did I mention I am banging and dating the hottest girls of my life this past 6 months?

Now personally, I am just here to find a wife. I plan to relocate to China or Middle East next August. Where I can make about 3,500 dollars with minimal expenses a month. And probably look to do some tutoring on the side to increase my income.

Living in the West is depressing as fuck. Boring to me. Love the sights and smells of foreign lands.

RE: The Vietnam Thread - Csanders007 - 08-09-2017

Entry-level sales job for 50? Most are 25 to 30. They say u can make 6 but alot of factors. I'm looking into some investments that's getting great results and if it pans out I'll let u guys know.

(08-07-2017, 10:08 AM)Dash Wrote: What I would do if I were you.

Purchase a high quality fake university degree.

Then do a quick cheap 120 hr online TEFL certification (EnjoyTEFL for example).

Any website to get the degrees?

Yea, most entry level jobs will be around 30-40 tops. But I gave SpEd the benefit of doubt lol And who enjoys being a salesman?!?!? Would want to blow my brains out if I had to call people up or go around trying to sell shit in the US. In my opinion, regular marketing, advertising, word of mouth and product quality should make the sale. If you have to call me up or stop me and tell me about something I don't know about already, probably not going to be interested and tell you, thanks but no thanks.

I graduated from University, so never had to look into or use any of those services.

I would dig around on the web and some facebook groups (China for example) and see about where and how to get a good fake degree.

RE: The Vietnam Thread - fellowtraveler - 08-09-2017

(08-09-2017, 02:55 AM)Dash Wrote: Now personally, I am just here to find a wife. 

Hey Dash, few questions, from a guy with zero knowledge of Vietnamese women.

Based on your time living in Vietnam (compared to Korea, or the other spots you've traveled), how strongly do you feel that a Viet lady is what you want to settle down with? (as opposed to other nationalities) and Why?

I've read your descriptions of them as being traditional, etc. I think I also read that you had some Christianity inclinations which you eventually plan to refocus on some day. You think you'll have any trouble finding a Viet lady who's down for all that? 

Have you met many that you would say can speak english very well? Also, How do the women sound speaking english? (as compared to other Asians)

---
Sorry to hijack the thread, this next part is off topic, but I have a friend who married a lady from Japan. According to him they never had a fight and she was always cheerful and took care of him in every way. The many times I hung out with them, it appeared to be true. One day I was having a conversation with them and the subject was on older Japs (and white guys) traveling to SE Asia to be with young girls. The lady said she didn't understand how the couples were compatible, or why the old guys spent their time with the young girls. And so I explained to her that men pretty much never stop wanting sex, even at advanced ages. She looked shocked. She thought that after some kids came into a marriage, the couple basically took on the role of parents and sex was pretty much over at that point. She didn't think it was normal for older couples (or even in their 40s) to still have sex, and she didn't expect it at all. I remember my buddy was looking shocked at that point haha... My response was basically, perhaps then that's why a lot of those older Jap dudes run off with younger women. Gotta admit though, ever since that conversation, I haven't had any thoughts to marry a traditional Jap girl.

@FellowTraveler

Obviously, no nationality of women are perfect. But for what is most important to me in a marriage, I feel very very strongly that Viet women are what I am looking for in a partner. Traditional and hold the marriage vows super serious. Pretty much, the only reason you should end up divorced from a Viet woman is if you cheat or beat her. Other than that, they will stick with you. And hell, I think many will stay with the man even when he does those things. Not like the West where women wake up one morning and are like oh I am not in love with you anymore, I am getting a divorce. Viet woman are also very submissive and want to please the man. The downside of Viet girls is they aint the most party types. I will need to train the woman to go dancing and shit. Another good thing about Viet woman are they are pretty down to earth and not near as materialistic and superficial as Koreans for example. Viet woman are find with modesty and simply want a good honest faithful man that can provide for the family. Never seen so many ugly ass or poor dudes dating well over their league as in Vietnam.

I do not think the Christianity will be a problem. They are fairly indifferent to religion. And as I said they are submissive so they will go along with what ever the man says or decides ie we are going to Church on Sunday and raising the kids Christian.

I find English levels decent. The hard part is finding a girl that meets all my wants and desires. Talking about marriage, so obviously one should be picky as hell. Atleast starting out. Obviously if you spoke Vietnamese, a lot more doors and women would become available.

As you know Japan is like sex purgatory. Massive declining population. No one is getting married. No one is having sex. So that doesn't surprise me.

The woman you marry should be submissive and want to please you always. So when you get older that shouldn't just stop. I find Viet girls like sex and got a kinky side to them. Just takes awhile to get it out of them.

RE: The Vietnam Thread - 262 - 08-09-2017

Seconding what Dash said: As an American, you may be able to make more disposable income abroad than you can in the West.

Never mind get better girls.

Both take some hustle of course. Most aren't willing to do this.

My buddy NomadOfEU hustled his way to making more disposable income in Kiev than he did in a major US city.

Dash,

If you read my post, I said NET $50k. I've got plenty of buddies out here selling things from solar panels to HVAC making that kind of doe and actually a lot more. Those jobs don't even require college degrees which is why I said entry level.

Your health insurance estimate is way off. A healthy young guy won't be paying more than $50 a month. I pay even less.

Utilities, cellphones, and gym memberships are things you'll be paying for anywhere and they often cost more in the 3rd world. I remember researching good gyms in Saigon, cost more than the US.

I realize it's en vogue to shit on the West in these parts, but there's a lot of fantasy being tossed around as fact.

As for who likes sales? Successful people. Getting people to part with their money is more satisfying to me than getting a chick to spread her legs. It certainly requires more skill.

RE: The Vietnam Thread - King of the Bongo - 08-09-2017

(08-09-2017, 05:29 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: Utilities, cellphones, and gym memberships are things you'll be paying for anywhere and they often cost more in the 3rd world. I remember researching good gyms in Saigon, cost more than the US.

As for who likes sales? Successful people. Getting people to part with their money is more satisfying to me than getting a chick to spread her legs. It certainly requires more skill.

First statement: true
Second statement: come on dude, really? Imagine yourself a few hours before you die thinking to yourself: i will die proud, satisfied and happy because i got people to part with their money for the most time of my life and i was really good at it. I would never buy from a salesman like dash said. If i dont know it already i dont give a shit and if i want to get information i will get it by myself and if i decide to buy something i will buy it by myself.

You're naive.

You've already been sold to a thousand times via a thousand different platforms.

As for when I die, I doubt I'll give a fuck about my legacy. Dead men aren't that sentimental.

@SpEd

Your buddies are outliers not the norm. A quick google search (not that it was needed) reveals the salary for entry level sales positions and it aint 50K, much less net. Even if it was the norm, would want to kill myself knowing I had to call people up or approach people about buying "x". It's like the Western version of the annoying ass people who keep trying to sale you shit when you are traveling. Now, yes, some people can find a good niche or come into a good opportunity and make good doe. No denying that. But it aint the norm. Not something you just wake up and say hey, I want to be a salesman and go get a job making 70k. Just not realistic. And that kind of work is not for me. Id much rather be the owner or CEO and have people sell shit for me.

I don't get off from "pulling" chicks and I wouldn't get off from getting people to "part" with their money. Never really related to the dudes that get this big sense of accomplishment from pulling chicks. They are just people / women. If you have decent to good game (personality / confidence) or money you can get them. Nothing extraordinary. Now, if we are talking 9-10/10 famous models, actresses and singers, well ok then, I might can understand. That is pretty impressive and uncommon. I like busting nuts. And I like variety. What is satisfying for me is being happy, having fun and living my life how I want to live it. Being a salesman in the West doesn't really fit that description.

Now as for the costs of living, even if you are right about health insurance, it is easily covered or even surpassed by the things I didn't even take into consideration ie personal and misc shopping / fun things, student loans, credit card bills, and saving money each month (should be minimum 1k a month). Simple fact of the matter is, generally speaking, it is hard to save money in the West and live a comfortable lifestyle as a young single guy. For most, you got to living with roommates and really watch your spending. All this while working a 9-5 in the West with the shitty boring women, dating scene and mundane surroundings we have grown up in.

Here in Vietnam utilities are nothing. Internet and cable tv are free with pretty much all serviced and non serviced apartments. If one is paying anything over 200 dollars a month that is expected to be included. Gym membership is like 20-25 dollars a month for a mid tier level gym that you pay 6-12 months for. I go to the phone store to top off my minutes and data about 2-3 times a month at 100,000 VND a pop (100k = 5 USD). Hell, now that I learned about google maps being able to be used offline and the wifi and my house and work, I go about 1 time a month.

Most people get sold to by "other platforms" which I mentioned. ie Brand reputation, normal marketing, normal advertising, self inquirery and peer recommendations. Never bought anything from someone cold calling me or cold approaching me on the street to tell me about "x".

Not knocking any salesman in the West. If that is what makes them happy and satisfied. Then go for it. Luckily I am a pretty simple modest dude. Money is not a massive driving force for me. Don't need a big house, don't need nice cars, don't need to take nice vacations multiple times a year (when I am settle down), don't need to eat out a lot, etc etc. As such it provides me less stress and more options. I like money don't get me wrong. And will dedicate the next decade to working hard and saving money. More so for making a life and job that I want than being rich etc. As everyone knows, real estate investing is my main ideal job and end game when I return back to the US.

Back to Vietnam news,

Sick as fuck. Stopped up nose, sore throat, and coughing. Too many girls to meet today to be sick. Fuck me.

Girl just posted this. Some nice eye candy. Wondering why I never messaged her before lol Let me get on that. On a side note, who ever was responsible for this bathing suit blowing up needs mad respect. See this bathing all the time.

[Image: 97r8rAw.jpg?1]

[Image: ez3XHLr.jpg?1]

RE: The Vietnam Thread - whiteknightrises - 08-10-2017

(08-09-2017, 05:29 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: Dash,

If you read my post, I said NET $50k. I've got plenty of buddies out here selling things from solar panels to HVAC making that kind of doe and actually a lot more. Those jobs don't even require college degrees which is why I said entry level.

Your health insurance estimate is way off. A healthy young guy won't be paying more than $50 a month. I pay even less.

Utilities, cellphones, and gym memberships are things you'll be paying for anywhere and they often cost more in the 3rd world. I remember researching good gyms in Saigon, cost more than the US.

I realize it's en vogue to shit on the West in these parts, but there's a lot of fantasy being tossed around as fact.

Dude what insurance do you have?? Mine is basically covered by my employer but $50 still comes out of my paycheck. I couldn't imagine paying for health insurance by myself

I'm with you on sales. Since most of those jobs are commission-based, they are the best-paying "jobs" you can have as the pay is unlimited ($ = how many sales you make). Great job for extroverts IMO

But what people are saying re: "relative wealth" and more disposable income in 3rd world countries is true (granted you don't spend like crazy).

For example, $4000/month will get you nowhere in the US (at least in NYC, can't comment on other places)
$4000/month in a place like Bangkok or Saigon, you are living like a king

(08-09-2017, 10:45 PM)Dash Wrote: @SpEd

Girl just posted this. Some nice eye candy. Wondering why I never messaged her before lol Let me get on that. On a side note, who ever was responsible for this bathing suit blowing up needs mad respect. See this bathing all the time.

[Image: 97r8rAw.jpg?1]

[Image: ez3XHLr.jpg?1]

Viet girls have great bodies for Asians. Slim/petite but can have tits and ass. I don't think it's a stretch to say that they're the hottest in SE Asia (Indonesians up there as well if you like darker chicks)

RE: The Vietnam Thread - Dash - 08-10-2017

Yea, on a whole, Viet girls are hands down the best looking in Southeast Asia.

Top Tier id give it to Pinays as they got that Mix Spanish look.

Most Exotic id give to Indonesians.

RE: The Vietnam Thread - mezzomario - 08-10-2017

i like hanoi, it is good place for me

RE: The Vietnam Thread - whiteknightrises - 08-10-2017

I thought Hanoi was very chill. The old town (I think that's what it's called) area is really beautiful

Don't think Saigon has any picturesque places like that - might be wrong

Definitely got more conservative vibes though. I'd probably go to Saigon if my goal was banging girls

I met up with two girls from what I remember. One from Tinder and one from daygame (gym)

Tinder a bit more "open minded" as expected but kept commenting on how she was getting stares for wearing a dress(?) and holding my hand and such. Wouldn't come over on the first date, didn't bother meeting again (not particularly hot and think I was leaving the next day or so)

Gym chick was super conservative. Think she said she never had a bf - mid to late 20s

RE: The Vietnam Thread - Dash - 08-10-2017

Vietnamese dudes (and even some women, usually older) be tripping me out with how confrontational they are when driving.

They always give you a stare and mumble or say anger shit. Was making a u turn tonight and this guy who was driving his wife and kid had to slow down a bit and move over some gives me some dumb ass look and mumbles shit to me.

Super annoying. Unless you know for a fact someone is trying to crash into you or driving like an idiot on purpose, there is no need to start out rude and confrontational.

Pretty sure I am gonna get into a fight before I leave here. Already mouthed back at the first dude who did it. Didn't say anything to the guy tonight as his family was with him.

RE: The Vietnam Thread - Rick91 - 08-10-2017

When I'm out in Vietnam plan will be to save at least $800-1000 a month from job while having a shitload of free time and actually having a life.

Plus will be looking to get into poker again. Will do the BPC academy course to the point where I can beat 25nl which in my estimation would mean I would crush the live games and start putting in 80-100 hours a month into that.

All savings will be going into an index fund probably SAXO in Singapore due to not having to pay tax on gains due to being U.K. citizen who isn't a resident there.

Planning on taking up boxing too. Saigon Sports centre is supposed to be world class.

Such a fool in retrospect I've been over the last few years you live and learn I guess. Shitty work lifestyle back home after going broke followed by bouts of unproductive yet fun degenerate hedonism in pussy paradises on repeat for half a decade. I believe I have injected a lot more realistic plans into my next endeavour which I believe will lead to far more happiness overall.

Kind of funny how at 26 many people report a kind of sadness of having their main social groups disperse and the sudden realisation that marriage and careers is what is going to be the over riding priorities of almost all you know. Your an adult now and this is the way it's going to be. I feel like I'm just getting started in life and looking forward to it.

RE: The Vietnam Thread - Dash - 08-11-2017

Rick try to get a fake degree and do a 120 hour online TEFL (EngjoyTEFL)

With that you should be able to make 17-20 dollars an hour.

RE: The Vietnam Thread - Vic Vega - 08-11-2017

Online gigs would be better.