Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q&A 40+
Being location independent or having passive income are the ways to go.

First allows you to work and travel though comes with some cons. That being if your not a good writer (I am horrible but working on this) or IT related this can be difficult. Closes thing that I could see me doing currently is consulting work, and really I think there are enough consultants already. @Shaen from your experience possible idea though would be website for running kitchens efficiently. (1 on 1 consulting is still time for money)  

Second is more work and the payoffs are down the road IMO. Which right now is ok for me and my plans. Ideas of passive income like writing a book, or making apps (which I think are both awesome ideas) but are things that right now I am not capable of. Though working to educate myself on and/or ideas for. Just because I am not able to doesn't mean I cant come  up with a idea and have it done. Different areas of real estate can be passive income though you have to be on top of things. The best passive income IMO, though the most up front work, is a business that once started can run efficiently on its own. This is my current challenge to create. 

A lot these ideas depends on what you want to do in life and your current location, relocation may be in order. Guru's will tell people to follow there dreams which is bullshit, I look for people to help me create a road map to achieve my realistic goals. If they full fill a dream that is extra side bonus.

I still work a full time job and trying to make things happen on the side, if you have someone else your responsible for must make sure there taken care of. It drive me batty when people quit jobs to chase something with out proper planning and there love ones suffer for it. 

A single man has so many opportunities though they should take advantage of all they can. 

Food for thought.
[-] The following 3 users Like BarbarianFather's post:
  • Shaen, 20Nation, P.T.
What would a location independent IT job or career be? Im still inrolled in college maybe I will go after that diploma next.
Honestly the travelers would be better suited to narrow ideas down for you, my thoughts anything to do with web design or set up, word press possibly , graphic design, building apps for people, think in terms of all the websites, blogs, forums you go to what kind of support can they use. I would start my search there and find something that interest you, then ask some owners of sites if what you want to do could help them. As anything if its fun for you it not really work.

This is how I look at a lot, things can I do it myself, work on my truck, motorcycle small repairs around the house, yes I can, and I can save money to do it. Can I roof my house, yes I could but in reality it would cost me more in time and tools than it would to hire professionals to have it done.

Same with all the websites out there, if you have some IT savvy there is all kinds of support and consultant rolls to fill, just very cut throat. Hard part finding that niche.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BarbarianFather's post:
  • 20Nation
I'm 42 and I agree with everything shared in the thread.

Although I think a man peaks in his late 30's, your 40's and beyond can still be very high value.  I made the mistake of getting married young and divorced in my late 30's.  Took me a while to re-learn game, but I had taken care of myself with diet, exercise, and my career.  Now having gotten to a certain level of game I've been able to date mostly girls in their early 20's which is my current preference.  I live in California and I'm not looking for anything too serious.   

My point to all the younger guys there is if you take care of yourself physically, stay on your game, and build your career you can actually be higher value in your 40's than when you were in your 20's or 30's (the Tom Brady example in the thread is a great one).  And you'll find a lot of younger women prefer older men as they find younger guys too juvenile.  

I don't see any reason why I won't be able to date women half my age for the rest of my life.  Patrick Stewart is another good example, he's in his 70's and has dated a series of women in their 30's.  Women are attracted to value once you're above a certain looks threshold.
[-] The following 4 users Like sexy_villian's post:
  • P.T., BarbarianFather, 20Nation, mike
Shaen, be resilient.  It is a must in life and when you have your own business. You are going to get knocked down many times, sometimes the difference between success and failure is simply getting up one more time than you are knocked down.  You have had a business and you worked in a business, there should be some good lessons with these two experiences.  Apply them and start another.
-----------------

If you want to be rich you need to remember 3 words….¨Stick ´Em Up.¨ Working with your own money is great and if you are smart and work hard you can get to a point where you have ¨Fuck You Money¨ (2-5 million), but if you want to have ¨Fuck Everybody Money¨ (20-80 million) you need to think differently.  You need to work with other people´s money, time and labor.  In general, you need to get to a point where you have a residual income stream.  That is where you are earning income even when you are not on the clock or you are out playing. 

You need a product, a service or an idea that people need.  Think ¨add value¨ or fill a need. Does what you have or do make the lives of other people better?  Also ask, is this something that is needed or simply desired? You can make money with both, generally the more basic the need the more likely other people will buy.  You must be able to differentiate your product, service or idea from others.  Being old school, the recommendation is having a tangible product that you can touch.  Generally people need things and they can do without ideas or services more easily than they can do without actual things.  Live below your means no matter how much you have and raise your standard of living as life moves forward.  Stay out of debt personally or pay it off as soon as possible.  Interest payments are an example where someone else is using your money.  Later you can use debt in business, but that is another subject. 

What makes you tick, what do you have a passionate for in life?  When you can tap into this, your motivation levels outpace 98% of people and you will differentiate yourself, besides you will need the motivation and high energy at first because the time investment is large.  What are you good at doing naturally?  These are rhetorical so you can answer them in your own head space.  If people think that they are good at nothing and have no motivation, learn a basic trade like plumbing, electricity, welding, mechanics, etc.; there is always something to fix.  What you dream about is different.

As boys in the 1960´s we would have ¨Lemonade Stands¨ on our block to sell a glass of lemonade to drivers; we actually used glass at first until too many got broken.  It was 5 cents a glass and back then a dime was made of 90% silver.  Found out that selling it on the corner got more business than the middle of the block, having a sign differentiated us, having a little box around us was better than only a table and chairs, using colors on the sign or having mom draw something on it drew more attention.  By having brothers on the curb or in the cross walk flagging people down or carrying a sign and dressed uniquely increased business.  Later having brothers with a separate stands multiplied revenues, placing the stands on corners with a busy stop light on a Saturday afternoon were prime.

First we used lemonade mix, but then we actually squeezed lemons and added some sugar and water; sales went up because people liked the real thing better.  Now having multiple lemonade stands, we needed more lemons and told dad we need to buy in bulk and we need to process more efficiently, we also had logistics.  Owning the means of production (think capital) and distribution were keys.  Hey, we were kids and this is simplistic; hopefully you get a flavor of what this meant when we became adults and the complexity increased, but the basic ideas are at the core.
Get busy living or get busy dying!
[-] The following 2 users Like P.T.'s post:
  • 20Nation, TravelHardcore
I am the most efficient employee in my HVAC trade right now. I was at the top of my chef game back in the day. Still barely making here in the US. Forget millions I can't even break the 50k mark lol

Maybe ill try the lemon aid business
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shaen's post:
  • P.T.
(03-07-2017, 01:32 PM)Shaen Wrote: I am the most efficient employee in my HVAC trade right now. I was at the top of my chef game back in the day. Still barely making here in the US. Forget millions I can't even break the 50k mark lol

Maybe ill try the lemon aid business

I'am right with you, I finally achieved what I thought was my dream job, and now that i have it is a let down. The hardest problem as we age is rewiring the way we think. We achieved what society says we should and life should be awesome, then reality sinks in and your like fuck what did I do for the last 20 years. Thing is you have to make you happy, you have to be first, have to forget what everyone else says will make you happy because it usually doesn't.  Sounding like a self help book I know, its true though,  Ask yourself this are you personally happy? Not what world says will make you happy.

This goes for you, me and anyone else. If your truly happy with yourself everything else to seems to work out.

Make it a hard lemon aid, I loves those on hot day.
  • Shaen, usmaniac, Jason55
I am truly happy. I was not trying to turn this into a sob story or anything of that nature. I have an amazing mixed group of friends that all look out for each other. I do like my job. I like cooling homes and businesses off when their A/C is broke. And cooking is a hobby for me now I love showing off and seeing the look on their face when I cook for my family, friends and neighbors. Just not comfortable in the money dept. Somewhere I missed that lesson growing up. I know what I have to do. Come up with the next angry birds or self help niche I guess
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shaen's post:
  • 20Nation
(03-07-2017, 07:18 PM)Shaen Wrote: I am truly happy. I was not trying to turn this into a sob story or anything of that nature. I have an amazing mixed group of friends that all look out for each other. I do like my job. I like cooling homes and businesses off when their A/C is broke. And cooking is a hobby for me now I love showing off and seeing the look on their face when I cook for my family, friends and neighbors. Just not comfortable in the money dept. Somewhere I missed that lesson growing up. I know what I have to do. Come up with the next angry birds or self help niche I guess

That is good to hear.

I have come to realize if one person is wondering about something on a forum there are 100 more wondering too.
  • Shaen, P.T., 20Nation
I feel like I slightly derailed this thread. I say we get back on the 40+ topic on game. I will be 40 after a couple of years and I this topic is in my top ten Smile
(03-07-2017, 10:13 PM)Shaen Wrote: I feel like I slightly derailed this thread. I say we get back on the 40+ topic on game. I will be 40 after a couple of years and I this topic is in my top ten Smile

Point.

Back on topic

Dealing with girls younger than your daughter, 

1. Don't tell girls you have a daughter older than them
2. You daughter may know you date younger girls, 
3. Your daughter really doesn't want to meet them
4. Do your best not to date anyone that you daughter maybe friends with.
     (Facebook is a killer here)
5. If you fuck your daughters best friend, just deny it you will be better off.

As she ages this this becomes easier. Thinking once she hits 30 no worries at all.
[-] The following 2 users Like BarbarianFather's post:
  • Shaen, 20Nation
What can be done in terms of our ¨Looks¨ as older guys to increase the probability of having the women we want? This includes younger women. Let´s start with Physique then move to athleticism and dress (clothes).

-Get a full night of sleep.

-Drink plenty of water.

-Do not eat processed sugar.

-Do not eat grains.

-Drink alcohol in moderation.

-Do not smoke.

-Live an active life which includes regular exercise (To lose weight you must have a caloric deficit).

-Get outside daily to breath fresh air and get regular sunlight.

-Big aging cues that women use include hair, teeth, abdomen (flat), muscle tone, skin coloration.
[-] The following 5 users Like P.T.'s post:
  • Shaen, 20Nation, BarbarianFather, TravelHardcore, BravoZulu
(02-28-2017, 02:52 AM)P.T. Wrote: Sometimes older guys do not want to spend as much time with the younger girls for a number of reasons; their immaturity, it can be like moving your nails across the chalk board, etc. whereas the issues with older women are more acceptable.  Not judging, just curious and thought it might be a good point to delve into.  If an older guy slips in his frame with a younger girl, then the likelihood of another trip around the bases is less likely. Very often they are only FB´s and if they are more than that it is normally for short periods of time.

I'm an older guy and I don't connect well with older women in the West.  I've tried to date them, but they don't like me (but their daughters might).    Most of them are into their careers and already have a family so really don't want a man in their lives.  I don't feel they have any sex drive, so my impression of them is they  don't need a man.   Their busy lives are nothing more than a to-do list and they really accomplish nothing of great importance.   

Thus I'm almost always with younger girls.  They're eager to learn, excited about life, and look better too.  

So what the secret of getting the older women?
[-] The following 2 users Like brianmark's post:
  • 20Nation, P.T.
Older women many times think they know the full gambit of things, but really there less experienced than many of the younger girls.

One of my favorite lines is "When is the last time a man made your toes curl" the normal answer to that is "never". I just smile in response.

You do have to have patience with them and warm them up a little more, they are not eager to learn, most have very little innocence left, play off what did they miss out on.
  • Shaen, 20Nation, P.T.
(03-11-2017, 06:26 AM)brianmark Wrote:
(02-28-2017, 02:52 AM)P.T. Wrote: Sometimes older guys do not want to spend as much time with the younger girls for a number of reasons; their immaturity, it can be like moving your nails across the chalk board, etc. whereas the issues with older women are more acceptable.  Not judging, just curious and thought it might be a good point to delve into.  If an older guy slips in his frame with a younger girl, then the likelihood of another trip around the bases is less likely. Very often they are only FB´s and if they are more than that it is normally for short periods of time.

I'm an older guy and I don't connect well with older women in the West.  I've tried to date them, but they don't like me (but their daughters might).    Most of them are into their careers and already have a family so really don't want a man in their lives.  I don't feel they have any sex drive, so my impression of them is they  don't need a man.   Their busy lives are nothing more than a to-do list and they really accomplish nothing of great importance.   

Thus I'm almost always with younger girls.  They're eager to learn, excited about life, and look better too.  

So what the secret of getting the older women?

As an older guy the quick take away would be ZFG as their lottery ticket has expired; let the younger guys use them to get their experience with older women, 1-2 dates before the smash and then no more than once per week.

Younger women are the preference, under 30 with the sweet spot being 23-25, avoid 31-34, 35-39 are cautionary in the US and western Europe and less so in Asia and Latin countries. With the over 40´s crowd in general, but especially in the US it seems that they are recognizing, at least in their own self talk, that they are hitting the wall and they 1) want a little attention to attempt to regain some of their former glory, and 2) want a man to take care of them as many of them are childless and their insecurity is in overdrive for their next 30 years, hence they are less likely to be FB´s unless they are cheating on someone else.  Watch for money to be a greater factor (demand) than with younger women.

If you think that the insecurity is huge in their legal teen years, wait until they get older, the only difference is that they are experts at hiding this fact to others as well as themselves; those who have children maybe slightly less so, particularly if they have a son or if they have a daughter and she is married.  This part is not really a secret, rather understanding their position in life.  As for gaming them, PT´s motto for this category, and it is only 5-10% of the total, is ¨they don´t tell, they don’t swell and they are grateful as hell.¨  More than most think have not had sex in a while. If you are not getting sex on the second date (maybe third if you want to be generous) the way they value themselves in the sexual market places is distorted (and will be even more so if they let some younger guy smash them hard) and you can bet they are carrying a backpack of rocks around for baggage and the drama with this will come out in normally everyday things that are only slightly annoying at first, but will build.  It is not worth it.

For more gaming tactics, it is even more important to let them do 90% of the talking, as they are carrying around more disqualification rocks in that backpack, do not talk yourself out of sex.  They often want an adult conversation and less drama relatively speaking and keeping it fun and adventurous is out-of-the ordinary for the vast majority of them in their day to day grind, they are even more boring than they were in their 20´s, even though they have more life experience.  If they sense you are active and vibrant, it is like a moth to the flame.  Do not overplay it like your travel adventures for those women in their 20´s, it is a lighter touch pressing the basic triggers more frequently rather. Comfort is key. 

After you first meet, a few more texts or short phone calls helps here, but do not be surprised that the pattern of the conversation is similar to younger women.  Your purpose is to set up the next meet and greet, build the comfort more so than with the younger women.  The first date is shorter, maybe an hour with no kissing unless she is DTF, let hamster wheel spin in her mind as it may be rusty.  The second date is a short outing before an evening at your place (there is also a school of thought for American and western European women to keep them away from your place).  Perhaps you want to skip the short outing, but it seems to help.  If she is hesitant about coming over to your place on date two or three; move on to the next one.  If they have children who are under 18 or at home, that is a no go as you will be second fiddle regularly and waste more of your valuable time.  If you dress well and are in moderate shape you are already in the top 20% and probably top 10%.

Relationships are a different ball game.
[-] The following 3 users Like P.T.'s post:
  • BarbarianFather, 20Nation, BravoZulu