Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making Money - Location independent
Maybe it will do great since you can't really compare it to all the English written manuals.

I know there are hundreds of books on game that almost all say the same thing. How can you not run into copyright infringements?
Who knows. Time will probably tell. That is one thing that I am thinking about a lot these days. I have some ideas for other ebooks that are much more profitable but I am unsure if I should take the plunge and write/publish them in English. The english speaking market is so much bigger than any other market but it is also a lot more work for me as a non-native speaker to write the ebook and especially to build up an audience so that I can market the books on a website/blog that is related to the topic. If I do it in my native language, the writing is so much easier, the content is of higher quality and I have less competition but also a much smaller market.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bateman's post:
  • Shaen
(03-14-2017, 06:04 PM)Bateman Wrote: Who knows. Time will probably tell. That is one thing that I am thinking about a lot these days. I have some ideas for other ebooks that are much more profitable but I am unsure if I should take the plunge and write/publish them in English. The english speaking market is so much bigger than any other market but it is also a lot more work for me as a non-native speaker to write the ebook and especially to build up an audience so that I can market the books on a website/blog that is related to the topic. If I do it in my native language, the writing is so much easier, the content is of higher quality and I have less competition but also a much smaller market.

Thought, write it in your own language if does reasonably well with small target audience then translate to english or have it translated.

No matter which way keep at it, sounds like you have solid plan.
Anybody has a good website to sell domain names?
If you don’t have a profit-generating project up and running (or at the very least, making enough to cover your expenses) by the time you decide to leave your job, you need to be realistic about how long it will take before your venture makes money. 6 months is pushing it, 12 is safer.

If your project is profit-making by the time you leave your job, then your freedom fund can be used to buy flights, fund some travels or even invested back into the business to take it to the next level.

It’s entirely down to your own personal circumstances as to what and how you might need to use a fund such as this, but having one in the first place can be the difference between making it or not.
I'm graduating college and earning my petroleum Engineering degree in one year...I hope working in oil can allow me to travel as well as I want...due to the fact that some project might take more than 3 months and usually as engineers we sign yearly contracts with companies
[-] The following 2 users Like Bizzy's post:
  • Christoff, 20Nation
Aight! Listen up boys.

I make north of 6 figures working fulltime online, here are some tips:

1) There's more money into tricking people into THINKING they can get rich online than anything else...ie blogs make JACK SHITT for money - the REAL money is selling a blog-setup service...for example bluehost and/or host gator are hosting companies that pay ~$65 per client you send them...you only need to get said client to agree to signup for a ~$3.95/mo service plan.

2) Freelancing is for suckers...just like point #1 there's a helluva lot more money in CONVINCING people to use the freelance service than in actually doing the freelancing yourself....Get it? Example: fiverr pays $15 per new (first time) paying client you send them....even if they only purchase a $5 gig. It's a VERY easy offer to promote...VERY easy.

Make sense? If confused go learn about the "lifetime value of a customer" concept (economics).

3) Everything illegal...yep it's true, this is where a lot of the online internet money is. Perfect example is a piracy version of Netflix - am I saying YOU should start a torrent/streaming site? No - I'm simply stating the fact that these type of websites can/do make a boat load of money.

4) Product sales, sales, sales, sales, SALES! Trust me, the money is and always will be in moving product. Content creation is for suckers...so is SEO; at the end of the day you're NEVER going to get rich writing about the things you love and/or are passionate about (sorry, I guess). You need to find out what fcking sells and then you need to figure out a way to make people pull their wallets out.

I have a lot more but that should give you an idea. Check out this post by the Wall St Playboys or my site for more info about online money...the big boy kind.

TL'DR
1) You have to move a product // service
2) Sell the shovels to the gold rushers
3) A good % of online wealth is in shady stuff...a mathmatical fact
4) SALES over creating "great" content - forever and always
My Site - Fast & Mostly Legal Money
[-] The following 3 users Like Round2and3's post:
  • 20Nation, Exultate, Suits
(04-18-2017, 01:43 PM)Round2and3 Wrote: TL'DR

I reckon there is truth in your words. However, I wonder, how do you pull your traffic? Especially since you say not to care about SEO?
(04-19-2017, 02:06 PM)usmaniac Wrote:
(04-18-2017, 01:43 PM)Round2and3 Wrote: TL'DR

I reckon there is truth in your words. However, I wonder, how do you pull your traffic? Especially since you say not to care about SEO?

Combination of *legal* spamming and paid traffic.
Can't give you much info about the spamming, but some decent traffic sources I use/have used:
zero click ie tonic.com
pops ie popads.net
native ie revcontent.com
bing // fb ads (cloaked) 

(and)

Directly message site owners...for example if I was promoting a dating site I could directly pitch 20 & thc to let me purchase ad space on their site and/or request a post dedicated to my offer (that I would pay them for, obviously).

(Note: the above traffic networks are just examples - there are dozens of pop & native networks and a few zero click ones.)

It's an open secret that one cant compete without cloaking...its entering the grey territory (legally) but its simply the fact + everyone is doing it; a good overview guide for fb can be found here.

To answer your question - there is no one answer and/or it's complicated!

Rule of thumb:
Have at least 5k to invest and feeling aggressive?
DO paid traffic + sales pages

Risk adverse or lacking funds at the moment?
Spam

(Yes I know how bad that sounds and Im sorry!)
Third option being you're a rule follower which is respectable and such but idk what to tell you other than:

It's certainly possible to clear 100k/yr but it will likely take a lot longer + good bit more work; just ensure you make a website that revolves around promoting *something* vice a subjective lifestyle site, brand it, and continuously expand your funnel over time...every day be writing/outsourcing a 1k+ seo focused unique article targeted to your market...for what its worth the sites ranking on the first page of google (in 2017) average articles with ~1900 words per article which is more than enough to push me away from SEO!

(Note - not knocking this site whatsoever...hell I purchased a Latin America Cupid membership from here XD)

I have a dozen or so skype buddies doing 25k+ *per month* consistently (granted it's an ~80 hour work week). Don't take me at my word - do your own research based on what I'm saying.

Not long ago, I was just a dude in college working as a line cook when I found out about internet marketing (the aggressive kind) - someone linked the wall street playboys website's "10 years, 1 million, no excuses" post and I became intoxicated. Dropped out, had a VERY bumpy road, and 2 years later - no regrets.

I actually found out about the whole IM world on a PUA forum of all places (RSD) and do what I can to give back to likeminded dudes...at the very least providing guidance so young dudes unhappy with their current position in life know the world of "stack that money" // "aff playboook" // "mad society" // etc not only exist - it's real.

Which I strongly encourage you to confirm via google, asking around, etc! Anyone who is in the "know" who looks at my site can confirm that it's charity (OK and/or an ego booster hehe)...but you decide! For what it's worth, I technically lose money everytime I work on it Sad - this post will have to be hacked & converted into content probably given the love its receiving. 

PS: Im on a SHIT ton of adderall right now
(04-18-2017, 01:43 PM)Round2and3 Wrote: Aight! Listen up boys.

1) There's more money into tricking people into THINKING they can get rich online than anything else...ie blogs make JACK SHITT for money - the REAL money is selling a blog-setup service...for example bluehost and/or host gator are hosting companies that pay ~$65 per client you send them...you only need to get said client to agree to signup for a ~$3.95/mo service plan.

2) Freelancing is for suckers...just like point #1 there's a helluva lot more money in CONVINCING people to use the freelance service than in actually doing the freelancing yourself....Get it? Example: fiverr pays $15 per new (first time) paying client you send them....even if they only purchase a $5 gig. It's a VERY easy offer to promote...VERY easy.

Make sense? If confused go learn about the "lifetime value of a customer" concept (economics).

3) Everything illegal...yep it's true, this is where a lot of the online internet money is. Perfect example is a piracy version of Netflix - am I saying YOU should start a torrent/streaming site? No - I'm simply stating the fact that these type of websites can/do make a boat load of money.

4) Product sales, sales, sales, sales, SALES! Trust me, the money is and always will be in moving product. Content creation is for suckers...so is SEO; at the end of the day you're NEVER going to get rich writing about the things you love and/or are passionate about (sorry, I guess). You need to find out what fcking sells and then you need to figure out a way to make people pull their wallets out.

I have a lot more but that should give you an idea. Check out this post by the Wall St Playboys or my site for more info about online money...the big boy kind.

TL'DR

You are definitely right about the sales concept and it's one I kinda learned the hard way. I remember growing up seeing these fancy landing pages with glitzy writing and over the top promises and I'd usually think "Wow, I MUST have this product." The funny thing is that 9/10, the product is average at best, or mediocre. Anytime I see a landing page or a sales funnel, I search reviews first or torrent the product and I'm always right. But it converts.

Right now, I'm doing a lot of greyhat stuff and it definitely converts. I've been making money online for a while now, but I'm thinking about a few things -

1. If I'm making 2k a month, why the fuck would I get a real job? Security?
2. Telling people what I do.
3. Can I really do this long-term?

I honestly thought about breaking into IT(networking or programming), but I'm looking at the timeline for that, which is study, freelance, apply, freelance some more. That would take me about a year, possibly 2 years when I can just scale my existing business and take it with me wherever. I dunno. I think I'm just rambling now.
(04-21-2017, 03:49 AM)Exultate Wrote:

TL'DR

You are definitely right about the sales concept and it's one I kinda learned the hard way. I remember growing up seeing these fancy landing pages with glitzy writing and over the top promises and I'd usually think "Wow, I MUST have this product." The funny thing is that 9/10, the product is average at best, or mediocre. Anytime I see a landing page or a sales funnel, I search reviews first or torrent the product and I'm always right. But it converts.

Right now, I'm doing a lot of greyhat stuff and it definitely converts. I've been making money online for a while now, but I'm thinking about a few things -

I honestly thought about breaking into IT(networking or programming), but I'm looking at the timeline for that, which is study, freelance, apply, freelance some more. That would take me about a year, possibly 2 years when I can just scale my existing business and take it with me wherever. I dunno. I think I'm just rambling now.

2k a month in the US is near poverty. 2k in SEA is living comfortably.
(04-21-2017, 06:58 PM)Traveltothemax Wrote:
(04-21-2017, 03:49 AM)Exultate Wrote:

TL'DR

2k a month in the US is near poverty. 2k in SEA is living comfortably.

And 2k a month in Western and Central Europe is pretty much an average income nowadays.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bateman's post:
  • L'innovateur, Christoff
2k/month is absolutely fine in the US as long as you are not living in a 1st tier city (NYC, Dallas, SF, LA, etc) and are single.
So I started a code camp. I'm a bit in debt so planning to finish the code camp, create an awesome app, then try to get a job in Silicon Valley. The end game here is to be able to get sweet free lance projects in the future with connections I make. So i can make great money while being anywhere in the world. I'm learning html, javascript and jquery so far. Any advice from coders or guys who know this industry is welcome.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 20Nation's post:
  • usmaniac