Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Vietnam Thread
It makes me wonder how well I can do if I'm earning dollars and spending the local currency.
(02-13-2017, 05:42 AM)Dash Wrote: I am thinking it will be something like this for 1 month

Add another 50 for taxi scams! Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes TravelHardcore's post:
  • Bizzy
Can I just ask why you are planning to settle down? I am curious because I am almost 34 and have to interest in one woman or settling down. I know everyone is different but I just don't understand how someone could want to be with one person when there so many lbfm out there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Traveltothemax's post:
  • Bizzy
(02-14-2017, 06:53 PM)Traveltothemax Wrote: Can I just ask why you are planning to settle down? I am curious because I am almost 34 and have to interest in one woman or settling down. I know everyone is different but I just don't understand how someone could want to be with one person when there so many lbfm out there.

Sure, there are a few reasons. 

1) Family / Kids

Want to raise them in a stable normal mother-father home. 

2) ONS are losing their luster

My notch count is pretty high. I'd say around the age of 28 the random chicks started to not be as gratifying. Or maybe it's just my desire to have a family exceeds that of the single hound dog. Don't get me wrong, I still like to go out and party and bang random chicks. Simply the desire or motivation isn't what it use to be. 

3) Religion 

I believe in God and want to live my life by his teachings. Slutting it up and feeding my sinful fleshly desires like I have been doing for the past 10 years is not conducive to my religious beliefs.
[-] The following 3 users Like Dash's post:
  • Bizzy, 20Nation, Christoff
Ah okay. That explains it. I don't like kids, will never get bored of ONS and I am an agnostic. Thanks for explaining your reasoning.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Traveltothemax's post:
  • Christoff
(02-15-2017, 01:36 PM)Traveltothemax Wrote: Ah okay. That explains it.  I don't like kids,  will never get bored of ONS and I am an agnostic. Thanks for explaining your reasoning.

Yea, if I were in your shoes id have zero desire to get married also.
Found a really really nice brand new studio type apartment for a good price (300usd). Only problem is it is a bit out the way from the city center (20-25 minutes) on top of having no clue where my job will be. The apartment is in D2. Looked so much nicer than everything I have seen lately for that price range. Impulse agreed to a 6 month lease. Also more private than the other places I seen.

Gonna def need to buy my own moto now I believe.

Hope I didn't fuck up too much.

On another note, will do some scouting of the backpacker nightlife street tonight. Been her a few times but with that girl I been seeing. This time will be alone
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dash's post:
  • 20Nation
Yeah, hopefully you will be close haha. I imagined your rent would have been less. In Ukraine, if you are that far outside the center you are paying 150$ a month for an apartment.

Have you been on any moto adventures with girls? It was some of the highlights of my trip
(02-17-2017, 02:34 PM)20Nation Wrote: Yeah, hopefully you will be close haha. I imagined your rent would have been less. In Ukraine, if you are that far outside the center you are paying 150$ a month for an apartment.

Have you been on any moto adventures with girls? It was some of the highlights of my trip

Ukraine must be a lot cheaper than Vietnam for rent. 

150 is only gonna get you a less than decent room in a shared house (no kitchen and bathroom in room)

Yea been riding with girls every day. Fun stuff. One girl in particular goes super fast and takes more risk than the other girls. Told her she needs to be a racer lol.
[-] The following 2 users Like Dash's post:
  • 20Nation, TravelHardcore
Fuck, about to cancel on that apartment in D2 and the one in Binh Thanh.

I need to do the smart thing which is book one of those by the month apartments in D1 for 1 month. Then after finding a job look for a long term apartment near work and hopefully still central.

Edit: Just sent the lady an email asking if I would be able to transfer the lease without penalty to another person. This way I have an out and can easily move if I don't like the logistic setup. If she says yes I will move today, if not I will move to the short term ones in D1 today. See what she says.......
Finally settled into the apartment. Nice to finally be out of that airbnb. Had the worse bed I think I ever sleep on. Hard as a rock. On top of that no over night guests. Fuck that place.

The landlord agreed to letting me transfer my lease to another person. So I am feeling much better about living here.

D2 is like the old money part of HCMC with such has many International Schools and a large expat community. Streets are not as crowded as in the center. Cool little vibe. You still got your places for your 1-2 dollar meals Vietnamese style.

A girl is coming over tomorrow to let me drive her moto around. Gonna practice here in D2. Then probably next week will buy or rent a moto of my own.

Logistical / Finding an Apartment Guide

If you are just visiting for a short time ie less than a month then the best thing to do is simply book a room on Airbnb. Be sure to ask whether or not you are allowed over night guests. On a short visit you will def want to be located in District 1. This place has all the main attractions and nightlife. An uberbike to anywhere in D1 will run you about 10,000 VND (10 cents). But if you want to be in walking distance then look for a place near Bui Vien street or near Lush nightclub (lady night on Tuesdays). 

Now, if you are gonna be living and/or working here for awhile then you need to do things a little different. First, book a room off airbnb in D1 (ask about over night guests) for 3 nights. During those 3 days go to the roads and area near 18A Thi Minh Khai street. This is where you will find many serviced short term apartments for rent. Go here and search around. Look for signs saying for rent. Some buildings are locked and have a number posted. Text that number asking about the room. For the others you can go inside and check out the place. Apartments here are gonna run you 250-350 generally. Get a room for 1-2 months to allow yourself to get settled before finding long term accomadation.

For finding long term accommodation, you will need to use a number of resources. Craigslist, Facebook Groups, and Vietnamese Real Estate sites (google search phòng quận __ cho thuê) Insert the district in the underlined part. Some listing sites should pop up. Will need a Vietnamese girl with you to navigate and use those sites. One of the best ways if the facebook groups. There are many groups. Just search Ho Chi Minh, Saigon, and Expats. Lots of apartment and room postings. You can also say your looking and many people will comment or send you a message. That is how I found my current place. 

For a central location you need to be in D1 or one of the adjacent districts ie D3, D4, Binh Thanh, etc. Other than that, you may want to live in one of the expat areas ie D2 (old money) or D7 (new money). Being central will allow you to get to places in D1 within 5-15 minutes. D2 and D7 you are looking at 20-30 minutes. 

Housing Options

150 USD: Room in shared house. No private kitchen and bathroom.

250 - 350 USD: Room in shared house or house made into an apartment type complex. Can get own private kitchen and bathroom. If you live outside of the center can get an actual studio or one bedroom in an apartment building with numerous amenities ie pool, gym, etc.

400+ USD: Nicer bigger studios and one bedroom apartments. In apartment type housing or in apartment buildings with apartment buildings costing more.

Utilities will run you about 20 - 50 USD a month. Some places include these in the cost and others do not. Mine for example is

100,000 VND - Water
3,000 VND/Kw - Electricity (will probably be 200-400k)
Cleaning Service - TBD
Internet / Cable - Free
[-] The following 4 users Like Dash's post:
  • 20Nation, TravelHardcore, sexy_villian, lighter
Nice info so far Dash. You have recently went through a lot of south east asian countries ( and also korea), how would you compare the attractiveness of vietnamese girls to the other countries in asia you recently visited?
(02-20-2017, 06:40 AM)20Nation Wrote: Nice info so far Dash. You have recently went through a lot of south east asian countries ( and also korea), how would you compare the attractiveness of vietnamese girls to the other countries in asia you recently visited?

No comparison. Vietnamese girls are the cream of the crop for SEA. Guys will easily increase their quality here a point or 2. Not only that, they are just better girls overall.

I like them better than Koreans due to having bigger / less slanted eyes tbt. 

For me its like this

Top Tier vs Top Tier - Filipinas (due to the Spanish mix) (preference)

General vs General - Vietnamese 

Most Exotic - Indonesians
[-] The following 3 users Like Dash's post:
  • 20Nation, Malo, TravelHardcore
Finally 100% decided not to pursue anything with the main girl I been seeing. She is super sweet and has a great smile (sucker for those) but her English is just not good enough for a serious relationship. 

So will start cutting back on my time seeing her. Stayed the night at her house last week. Heavy kissing and touching. I was prepared to fuck her, but wasn't gonna force it or initiate it. Had she pulled off my pants or grabbed by dick we would have fucked. Glad she didn't though. Would feel bad for fucking her then turning around and being like naw sorry. Can only be friends. 

Anyways, I am going to Lush tonight to check out Ladies Night. 

Also, got a 19 year old coming over tomorrow. Was trying to figure out who to meet but she sent me this pic and said she was naughty. She made up my mind for me lol

[Image: pG7CKL9]

Not sure why image is not embedding.

http://imgur.com/pG7CKL9

Finally finished up this online 120 hour TEFL course. You need it for getting the better jobs and a work permit.

I did one from the company called EnjoyTefl It was a joke. Not sure where they get 120 hours from. You can finish it in 1 day if you really wanted to. You get three chances to pass each section test and it tells you which ones you got wrong. On top of having unlimited time to complete them while looking at the notes. Crazy easy.

Gonna sit down and finally go through all my contacts I have amassed over the past year. Pick out some of the best ones.

You wouldn't believe me, but it is like 1,000 girls lol. 700 on FB alone. Hundreds on Zalo and Viber.

EDIT: So much easier to search your friends list and sort girls on the mobile app compared to computer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dash's post:
  • TravelHardcore
(02-21-2017, 07:06 AM)Dash Wrote: Not sure why image is not embedding.
http://imgur.com/pG7CKL9
Here you go: 
[Image: pG7CKL9.jpg]

Right click the image on imgur, "copy image address", then use the insert picture button and paste that address. 
I just did it because this pic needs to be visible! 

I had a completely different experience than you in Vietnam, I don't remember the girls being that much cuter compared to Thai. I was stuck in a drinking & drugs rut with Fisto though at the time and we may have stayed in the wrong area of HCMC. Our nights & days were completely switched. We'd wake up when it was dark and sleep when the sun rose. 

Reading about your Vietnam experience makes me want to give it another shot.